Freely Give

Therefore do my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.  No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself.  I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Every man according as he purposes in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;

John 10:17-18;1 John 3:16;2 Cor. 9:7;Matt 11:12;Psa. 140:1

Why do people say that we are the violent that should take the kingdom of God by force? Jesus didn't say that we are violent, we are like sheep, meek, we are not forceful.  God doesn't make us lay down our lives, Jesus laid down his life on his own, and by his own terms, saying to Judas, "What you do, do quickly". Then He said when the soldiers came to get him, "If you seek me, let these go their way".  And Jesus also said, "If my kingdom was of this world, then should my servants fight that I wouldn't have been delivered to the Jews, but my kingdom is not from here, because we are not of this world, that is violent.  He didn't let them take him by force, he laid his life down, when he was ready.  That is why God loves him because Jesus kept his Father's commandment but Jesus was cheerfully giving his life.  We say that God is making us give up things, this is not true, the devil is the accuser, God allows us to have a "will" to give when we want to...the story of the sons that was commanded to go and do this or that, the first said "I go sir", but didn't do it, but the other son said "I won't go", but he repented and went, saying the last son, did the bidding of his father.  So we are not forced, that is why God has long patience for us not willing that any perish, waiting to received the precious fruit of the earth.  The bride made herself ready.  Amen.