God's Elect Sake

I will go before you, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut asunder the bars of iron: And I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the LORD, which call you by your name, am the God of Israel.  For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called you by your name: I have surnamed you, though you have not known me.

Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but you shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit. And you shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name: That he who blesses himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that swears in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hidden from mine eyes.

You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he have chosen, he hath shortened the days.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Isa. 45:2-4;Isa. 65:14-16;John 15:16;Mark 13:19-21;Rom. 11:28;2 Tim. 2:10