God And Persecution

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that has left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that hears the word, and and on with joy receives it; Yet he has not root in himself, but endures for a while: for when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, by and by he is offended. But what think you? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.  He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.  And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.  Whether of them two did the will of his father? Then said Jesus unto them, All you shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee. Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of you, yet will I never be offended. Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto you, That this night, before the cock crow, you shall deny me three times. Peter said unto him, Though I should die with you, yet will I not deny you. Likewise also said all the disciples. Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, You also was with Jesus of Galilee.  But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what you say.  And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth. And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.  And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely you also are one of them; for your speech reveals you.  Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, you shall deny me three times. And he went out, and wept bitterly. After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him. Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand. His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart from here, and go into Judaea, that your disciples also may see the works that you do.  For there is no man that do any thing in secret, and he himself seek to be known openly. If you do these things, show yourself to the world.  For neither did his brethren believe in him.  Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is always ready.  The world cannot hate you; but me it hate, because I testify of it, that the works there of are evil.  Go you up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.  When he had said these words unto them, he stayed still in Galilee.  But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret. This is now the third time that Jesus showed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead. So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, loves you me more than these? He said unto him, Yea, Lord; you know that I love thee. He said unto him, Feed my lambs.He said to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, loves you me? He said unto him, Yea, Lord; you know that I love you. He said unto him, Feed my sheep. He said unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, loves you me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Love you me? And he said unto him, Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you. Jesus said unto him, Feed my sheep. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When you was young, you gird yourself, and walk where you would: but when you shall be old, you shall stretch forth your hands, and another shall gird you, and carry you where you would not. Peter said, "Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ has showed me". Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Mark 10:29-30;Matt. 5:10-12;Matt. 13:21;Matt. 21:28-31;Matt. 26:31-35;Matt. 26:69-75;John 7:1-10;John 21:14-18;2 Pet. 1:14;Rom. 8:35;2 Cor. 12:10