It's Not Backsliding

My people have been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.

My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, do not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lay it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he come home, he call together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Jere. 50:6;Ezek. 34:6;Isa. 40:11;Luke 15:4-7