Servantship Or Friendship?

But when you are bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade you comes, he may say unto you, Friend, go up higher: then shall you have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with you.

And he sat down, and called the twelve, and said unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.

But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird yourself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward you shall eat and drink? Do he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise you, when you shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when he comes shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest. And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But you shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that do serve. For whether is greater, he that sits at meat, or he that serves? is not he that sits at meat? but I am among you as he that serves. You are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father have appointed unto me; That you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto your servants, that with all boldness they may speak your word,

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differs nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his Lord do: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Luke 14:10;Mark 9:35;Mark 10;44;Luke 17:7-10;Luke 12:37;Luke 22:24-30;Acts 4:29;1 Cor. 9:19;Gal. 1:10-12;Gal. 4:1;John 15:15