The Heart And Tongue

Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, That they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

Behold, also the ships, which though, they be so great, And are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, where so ever the Governor lists.

My Brethren, be not of many Masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, Glory not, and lie not against the truth.

If any man come to me, hate not his father, mother, wife, children, brethren, sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And who so ever do not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

And Jesus said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For who so ever will save his life shall lose it: but who so ever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. 

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 

James 3:1,3,4,14;Luke 14:26-27;Luke 9:23-24;Luke 16:13;1 Pet. 3:15